Tourist places in Chail
Majestic snow capped Shivalik, along with beautiful orchards, sylvan pine valley, picturesque view; tall forest trees are the wonders of Chail which is sure to cast a spell with its natural exotic beauty on the visitors. Being a hill station, Chail is located in Himachal Pradesh and was once referred as the summer capital for Maharaja Adhiraj Bhupinder Singh, Patiala. He truly wanted something better than Shimla. The ancient story behind Chail being the summer capital is quite interesting and dramatic. Spreading over an area of 72acres it is surrounded by three hills the Rajgarh hill, the Pandava Hill and the Seth Tibba.
Climate in Chail
Since it is a sub Himalayan range, the weather is pleasant throughout the year. Of the various hill stations India, this one is considered much popular because of the serenity and the calm atmosphere that is perfect to relax the mind and body. The summers are exquisite in Chail. It is best for the tourists to visit Chail in summer months from May to June when the temperature is only 26C maximized. The monsoon months are ending June to September when the place overflows with lush greenery and is often considered as trekkers season. From October to February it’s extremely cold with snow capped peaks. The spring comes later with a pint of varied colors over fruits and trees making it quite rejuvenating experience.
How to reach Chail?
- Chail By Air : The nearest airport to Chail is 63km away named as Jabbar Hati Airport. There are domestic airlines flying from this airport to Chandigarh and Delhi, Mumbai. For the international tourists, Delhi and Mumbai are well connected with many destinations abroad.
- Chail By Rail : Kalka is the nearest railway station at a distance of 86km. The next station close by is Chandigarh at a distance of 95km. Chandigarh is well connected with many major cities in the country.
- Chail By Road : There are local bus services that cover the distance to the neighboring cities. There are bus services from Shimla also to reach Chail which is at a distance of 45km in much cheaper rates.
Hotels in Chail
- 5 Star Hotels in Chail : Tarika’s Jungle Retreat
- 3 Star Hotels in Chail : Hotel Lions, Hotel Monaal
- Heritage Hotels in Chail : The Chail Palace
- Budget Hotels in Chail : Chail Inn, Hotel Chail Residency
Places to visit at Chail
Places to visit in Chail
Chail is known as the honeymoon paradise as considered as one of the best honeymoon destinations in the country. At a height of 2250 meters above sea level it is a thick cover of majestic beauty and soaring deodars, the Himalayan range with snow capped peaks gleaming brightly with sunrays on it, making it an out of the world sight.
- Sanctuary : Chail Sanctuary
- Palaces : The Palace Hotel, Maharajas Palace
- Playground : The Cricket ground, known as the highest cricket ground in the world.
- Temples : Sidh Baba Ka Mandir.
- Excursions : Kurfi, Sudhupu.
Tourist places in Chamba
A pictorial town with the gallant gift of majestic mountains, verdant valleys, fabulous flora and fauna and magnificent play of nature, that soothes the heart and refresh the mind making it a exhilarating experience for every visitor. The abundant beauties of the snow-clad mountains are evident in its neighborhood with the Dauladhar, the Pir Panjal and the Zanskar range covering the three sides of Chamba. It is located in Himachal Pradesh at the banks of Ravi River forming a romantic ambience with sweet harmony and tranquility in the atmosphere with undulating pathways and periphery of pine woods and Deodar trees. The total area of Chamba district is 6528sqkm and the languages spoken are the Pahari language and Hindi.
Climate in Chamba
The refreshing and rejuvenating weather is one of major reasons why tourists get attracted to Chamba making it one of the top tourist destinations. The summers usually stretch from mid of April and stays till June gifting a pleasing enviourment perfect for the visitors. The average temperature during this period stays from 15C to 35C. The monsoon season in Chamba is equally beautiful with the lush of green almost everywhere and the weather remains much cloudy and misty. The winter season can be pretty cold with temperatures ranging 0C to 15C. It generally stays from December to February with the climate chilling cold and sometimes even going below freezing point.
How to reach Chamba?
- Chamba By Air : At a distance of 80km, there is the Jolly Grant Airport of Dehradun, which is the nearest airport to Chamba. From Jolly Grant airport there are regular flights to Delhi and Delhi has well scheduled flights to all domestic cities as well as destinations abroad.
- Chamba By Rail : The nearest railway station is Rishikesh at a distance of 58km and easily connected through various buses and prepaid taxis. There are frequent trains from Rishikesh to all major cities of the country.
- Chamba By Road : The northern states of India as well as Uttarkhand are well connected with Chamba through luxury as well as private buses. It is connected through NH24 and there are good communication transport medium from Mussourie, Dehradun, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Tehri etc.
Hotels in Chamba
- Resorts in Chamba : Terraces Resort, Classic Hill top Resort
- Budget Hotels in Chamba : Hotel Aroma Palace, Hotel City Heart, Hotel Iravati
Places to visit in Chamba
Places to visit in Chamba
A beautiful amalgamation of pristine valleys and effervescent rivers the place has a serenity of its own. The streets, the climate the sweet music of nature itself adds a melancholy to the prevalent beauty. It has a majestic power of invigorating the mind and soul making the place so precious. Chamba is also a good choice as honeymoon destinations providing a lovely ambiance which is truly unforgettable.
- Temples : Champavati Temple, Laxmi Narayan temples, Chamunda Devi Temple
- Palaces : Akhand Chandi palace
- Church : St Andrews Church.
- Museum and Art work : Birla Singh Museum, Chamba Miniature Paintings at museums in Chamba.
- Fairs and Festivals : Suhi Mata Mela and Minjar Mela.
Tourist places in Champawat
Located in Uttarakhand, at a height of 1615m from sea level and at a distance of 160km from Nainital, the city of Champawat is the antediluvian capital of the famous Chand rulers. It has many exciting historical events related to its soil along with numerous mythological events which attract the tourist beyond all. According to the religious beliefs, it was in the soil of Champawat, where Lord Vishnu emerged as “Kurmavatar.”There are numerous temples in the vicinity with architectural brilliance and excellent curvature and construction attracting tourists and pilgrims all round the year. The treasures of Champawat is not limited for the religious persons which was evident in the book of the famous hunter Jim Corbett who visited Champawat in the early 20thcentury to chase the man eating tigers and wrote the book “Man Eaters of Kumaon” referring this land. The beautiful ambience with the breathtaking gorgeousness of succulent landscapes, moist pastures, verdant valleys and the undulating rippling waters of the river snake makes it’s a picturesque view. Covering an area of 1781sqkm, the major languages spoken are Kumaoni and Hindi.
Climate in Champawat
The climate of Champawat is the most attracting features which remains enjoyable and pleasurable throughout the year. Due to having a sub tropical weather the summers are never too hot and remains quite sunny whereas the winters have a bearable cold without being chilly. The summer months from April to June have an average temperature of 25C to 30C making it ideal for tourist visits. The monsoon season comes just after that and stretches till the month of September with torrential rainfall making it difficult to visit. The winters again have favorable weather conditions with temperature around 15C.
How to reach Champawat?
- Champawat By Air : Though the nearest airport to Champawat is the airport at Pittorgarh at a distance of 80km but the same is not in operation at present. The nearest operating airport is the Pantnagar airport at a distance of 160km with daily flights to the airport in Delhi. Delhi has international terminals which are beneficial for the foreign travelers.
- Champawat By Rail : Tanakpur at a distance of 60km from the heart of Champawat is the nearest rail head. The station has frequent train services connecting to various popular and major destinations like Delhi, Kolkata, Lucknow and Agra.
- Champawat By Road : The major destinations of north India are well connected with Champawat through the excellent roads. Private buses can be easily fetched with reasonable rates to reach Tanakpur and other adjacent locations of Champawat.
Hotels in Champawat
Budget Hotels in Champawat : Mount View Hotel, Baleswar Resort, Keshav Hotel, Cedar Valley Hotel, Tourist Rest House
Places to visit in Champawat
Champawat has all the ingredients of being the best tourist places, India with amusing climate, adventurous trekking and exciting wildlife and lastly the cultural and traditional heritage with historical monuments and temples.
- Temples : Baleshwar temple and Gwal Devta
- Ashram : Mayawati ashram.
- Excursion : Lohaghat and Abott Mount
- Forts : Vanasur-ka-Killa.
Tourist places in Chandigarh
Chandigarh is the first planned city of India with architectural excellence that is world famous. Being a union territory and the capital of two Indian states, Punjab and Haryana, Chandigarhpresents the true blend of serenity and city life making it truly The City Beautiful It is here that the planning of a city is done with an equal and the relevant proportion of natural beauty along with cosmetic constructional beauty. It was the execution of the French architect Le Corbusier but originally a dream conceived by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. A venerated temple of Devi Chandi is situated in the vicinity of the city, which is the reason behind the city name. With an area of 114sqkm the major languages spoken in the metropolitan city are Punjabi, Hindi and English.
Climate in Chandigarh
The climate of Chandigarh is much extreme with blistering hot summers and chilling cold winters. Even the monsoon season shows much less rainfall making the weather cooler but humid too. The average temperature in the summer months shifts between 37C to 44C whereas the winter season it remains between 4C to 14C. The average rainfall in the city is 111cm. The best time to visit the city is no doubt the autumn season or the winters which have much bearable atmosphere of neither too hot nor too cold along with occasional rainfall in the months of September and October.
How to reach Chandigarh?
- Chandigarh By Air : Chandigarh has a domestic airport within the city at a distance of 8km from the heart of the city. There are regular flights from the Chandigarh Airport to Delhi. And Delhi is an International airport, it connects to major cities within the country as well as several destinations abroad.
- Chandigarh By Rail : Chandigarh has a well settled railway network with regular trains travelling to Lucknow. Other than this there are frequent trains to Haryana, Punjab and Delhi. The distance between Chandigarh and Delhi is only 260km where there are connecting trains from Delhi to the different major cities within the country.
- Chandigarh By Road : The road transport availability is excellent in Chandigarh. Two national highways NH21 and NH22 connect different destinations with this city. There are local buses to travel within the city. Also there are tourist buses, Volvo buses; state owned buses as well as semi deluxe buses to travel to nearby places especially in Punjab and Haryana.
Hotels in Chandigarh
- 5 Star Hotels in Chandigarh : Hotel Mountview, Hotel Taj Chandigarh
- 4 Star Hotels in Chandigarh : Hotel KLG International, Hotel Shivalikview, The Piccadily Chandigarh
- 3 Star Hotels in Chandigarh : Bristol Hotel & Resorts, Hotel Antheia, Hotel Aroma
Budget Hotels in Chandigarh : Hotel City Heart 18, Hotel City Plaza 7.
Places to visit in Chandigarh
The beautiful theme gardens are the primary attraction of Chandigarh. For the nature lovers it is truly one of the top tourist destinations in India. The massive concrete sculptures, the epoch making masterpieces, the serene beauty of natural parks, the pollution free fresh air and the soul refreshing ambience make the rich beauty of Chandigarh.
- Parks and Gardens: Leisure Valley, Rajendra Park, Rock garden, Hibiscus garden, , Zakir rose Garden, Smriti Upavan, Terraced Garden, Topiary Garden, Shanti Kunj and many others.
- Lakes : Sukhna lake
- Historical Place : Capitol Complex.
- Museums : Government Museum and Art Gallery, International Dolls Museum, Museum of Evolution of Life.
- Forests : Kansal and Nepli.
Tourist Places in OOTY
Udhamangalam also called as Ooty is a paradise on Earth and a traveler’s delight. An ideal place for nature lovers it is located at 2,240 Kms above sea level. Ooty is surrounded by a breathtaking landscape of lush greenery, dense forests, mesmerizing flowers, tea gardens and amazing grasslands. You can feel the fresh and crisp air surrounded in this amazing hill station. It is located at about 2,600m above sea level.
Climate in OOTY
Ooty’s weather is to die for. The minimum temperature dips to 10 degrees in summers and 5 degrees in winters whereas the maximum temperature is somewhere around 25 degrees in summers and 21 degrees in winters. Summers are the ideal time when you can enjoy the cool breeze in the mornings and wrap yourself in a warm blanket on a chilly night. It is best to avoid the monsoons if you want to visit this beautiful place. Visit the place between February and May ensuring to carry cotton clothes and a light jacket. If you find winters the preferable time to visit carry woolens along with you.
How to reach OOTY?
- OOTY By Air : You can easily catch a flight from any metros to the Coimbatore airport which is precisely 100kms away from Ooty.
- OOTY By Rail : You can catch train for Chennai the Nilgiri expresses that leaves from Chennai while the Nilgiri Mountain Railway started in 1800s starts from Mettupalyam. You can get direct trains from Ooty as well.
- OOTY By Road : Well connected by good roads, Ooty is 535 kms from Chennai. A regular bus service is available from Madras, Coimbatore, Conoor, Mysore and Calicut. Apart from that autos and cabs are also available.
Hotels in OOTY
Sinclairs ; Hotel Khems , Savoy hotel ; Ponmari Residency ; Fortune Hotel ; Sunshine Inn ; Sherlock Hotel ; Hotel Maneck ; Sullivan Court
Restaurants : You can savor authentic Tamil cuisine at the Preeti vegetarian restaurant and Hotel Saravannas.
Places to visit in OOTY
The hill station is like a feast for tired eyes. Botanical gardens, rose garden, wildlife sanctuaries and National parks are fabulous places to visit. Some renowned places to look out for are Doddabetta Peak, Mukkurthi Peak, Madumalai Wildlife sanctuary, Pykara, Deer park, Glen Morgan, Sim’s Park, and Wax World.
Tourist Places In Chitrakoot
Located on the banks of Pashwini River or popularly named as Mandakini River, Chitrakoot is a district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh bordered by the Kaushambi and Satna, Rewa of Madhya Pradesh in North and South respectively and Prayagraj of Allahabad in the East and in the West it has Banda. Situated in the northern Vindhya Range it is associated with much mythological relevance with archeological and historical importance. With religious past the area of Chitrakoot remains cosseted with temples and pious shrines blanketed with a scenic environment of meadows and woods, lofty peaks and tranquilizing atmosphere. The beautiful place of Chitrakoot is present in the inner essence of Hinduism with its mention in the major epics like Ramyana. There is a detailed description that can be heard from the natives about the life of Lord Rama and his brother Laxman and wife Sita in this dwelling place in their exile of eleven and half years. It is believed according to Hindu mythology that the Gods and Goddesses visit the place and they felt so impressed they denied departing from the place. Many famous saints like Tusidas were known to worship in this soil. Not only a place of spirituality, it has mind-blowing and awe-striking beauty of rippling and cascading rivers, deep strong woods and an aspiring ambience. It is truly one of the best tourist places, India with soothing and scintillating attractions.
Climate in Chitrakoot
Extreme climates prevail over Chitrakoot. The summer months stretch from March to June with an unbearable scorching heat and a temperature rise to a maximum of 47C. The hottest month is the month of May in this region. Next comes the monsoon season which stays from July to September with an average rainfall washing away the city with sweet scented air and lush greenery. The winter season stays from December to February when the place remains chilling cold especially at night time. The usual temperature at night falls to a minimum of 10C whereas the day time remains better with temperatures around 20C-25C making it an ideal time to explore the place. The best time to visit Chitrakoot is from the month of July to March.
How to reach Chitrakoot?
- Chitrakoot By Air : Situated at a distance of 175km from Chitrakoot, lies the nearest airport at Khajuraho. There are regular flights from this airport to popular destinations like Varanasi, Agra and Delhi. The distance from Chitrakoot to the airport can be covered by private taxis.
- Chitrakoot By Rail : Chitrakoot Dham at a distance of 11km is the nearest railway station to Chitrakoot at a distance of 11km from the center of the city. It has well connected to major cities of the country.
- Chitrakoot By Road : State owned buses and private buses both are available which connect popular places near Chitrakoot like Jhansi, Mahoba, Satna and Chhatarpur.
Hotels in Chitrakoot
- Budget Hotels in Chitrakoot : Rahi Tourist Bungalow, Kamadgiri Bhawan, Guru Kripa Atithi Griha
Places to visit in Chitrakoot
Chitrakoot is one of the most famous religious destinations with supreme natural beauty and multiple attractions.
- Historical Places : Gupt Godavari caves, Sphatik Shila
- Natural Places : Kund, Ganesh Bagh
Tourist places in Chittorgarh
Lying on the Berach River, the city of Chittorgarh is situated in the Indian state of Rajasthan. Echoing the tales of romance and bravery of the Rajput tradition, the citadel emphasizes the royal past and the graceful palaces and exquisite chhatris. The city of Chittorgarh was founded by Bappa Rawal around 8th century. The land of Chittor has been witness of many painful memories from the time in 1303 when first Allauddin Khilji attacked the land but unforgettable was the heroic spirit of the Rajput warriors. Situated at a height of 408metres from sea level the primary languages spoken here are Rajasthani, Hindi and English.
Climate In Chittorgarha
With a dry and dehydrated weather, the climate of Chittorgarh is considered to be quite hot. In the summer months of March to May the average temperature usually raises up to 43C with scorching heat in desert like atmosphere. The winter season is comparatively much cooler from the months of October to February with the temperature occasionally dipping below 11C. The monsoon seasons receive less rainfall with an average of 60-80cm. The best time to visit Chittorgarh is in the winter season when the climate is much more pleasant.
How To Reach Chittorgarh?
- Chittorgarh By Air : The nearest airport to Chittorgarh is Maharana Pratap Airport at a distance of 90km from the heart of the city. The airport is also named as Dabok Airport. The airport is located in Udaipur but there are prepaid taxis covering the distance at a reasonable price. The airport has well connected to two prominent states, Jaipur and Delhi where Delhi has an International terminal to cater various foreign tourists from various destinations. The distance from Chittorgarh to New Delhi is 583km.
- Chittorgarh By Rail : The Chittorgarh Railway station is situated on the banks of the popular River Gambheri. There is well connected through rail tracks in different cities of the country like Udaipur, Delhi, Ahmedabad and Jaipur.
- Chittorgarh By Road : There are many bus services available from Chittorgarh to popular destinations nearby and neighboring states. There are Volvo, deluxe and semi deluxe buses, at nominal cost travelling the distance to Chittorgarh from Indore, Ajmer and Jaipur.
Hotels In Chittorgarh
- 3 Star Hotels in Chittorgarh : Pratap Palace Hotel, Welcome Heritage Bassi Fort, Castle Bijaipur
- Budget Hotels in Chittorgarh : Hotel Padmini, Hotel Vinayak Palace.
Places to visit in Chittorgarh
Being one of the most fascinating cities of the state Rajasthan, it is a symbol of the glory and pride of the heroic and courageous Rajputs. The beautiful arena cascaded with the tales of the fearless warriors, the legends of history, the bravery along with the painful sacrifice of the passionate Rajputs, all combines to make Chittorgarh a majestic place to visit.
- Forts : Chittorgarh Fort.
- Palaces : Rana Kumbha Palace, Padmini Palace.
- Historical Towers : Vijay Stambh, Kirti Stambh.
- Temples : Kali Mata Temple, Kumbha Shyam Temple.
- Excursions : Menal, Bassi wildlife Sanctuary, Bijapur Castle.